1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible – CALL FOR PRICE
CHECK OUT OUR NEW MODIFICATIONS FOR 2018 ON THIS LEGEND.
UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE AND RESTORATION
- Engine: Rebuilt 327 w/fuel injection
- Transmission: 4-Spd Manual
- Exterior: Two-Tone Aztec Copper & amp; Polo White
- Interior: Cream
- Wheels: 15” x 5.5” mounted w/Whitewall Tires
- Factory Heater
- Auxiliary Hardtop
- Chrome Tipped Dual Exhaust
- Rack and Pinion installed with double adjustable coil over shocks and springs
- GM spindles, tube style control arms, GM ball joints
- IFS Front anti sway bar
- MSD ignition coils
- MSD Pro-Biillet Ready to Run distributor
- FiTech Fuel Injection
- Edelbrock Intake manifold
- New Centerforce clutch kit
- Cal Custom Finned Aluminum valve covers
- Wildwood 11” Classic Series Dynamite front brake kit
- New body mounts
- Original 4 speed manual transmission
- Mileage Unknown (VIN#E57S101297 Stk#149)
1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible For Sale
The EX122, a concept car by Chevrolet, debuted at a GM Motorama automobile extravaganza in New York City in 1953 and was believed to be Chevrolet’s version of the Jaguar XK 120. Winning wide appeal at the show, the prototype quickly went to production and the first Corvettes were marketed later that year.
The first generation of Corvettes (C1) were built between 1953 and 1962.
Since then, Chevrolet’s Corvette, named after a small warship, has been produced and perfected through seven generations.
Although year one sales fell short of expectations and production was nearly canceled, Chevrolet remained committed to the program. Today, first generation Corvettes remain highly collectable, beloved vehicles and are oftentimes referred to as the “Solid Axle” Vettes due to the rear axle housing being a one-piece shell.
Our 1957 V8 engine has a twin 4-barrel carburetor but Chevrolet offered a fuel injection option that year which boosted it to a historic 1 bhp per cubic inch. Chevrolet’s advertising slogan used “one hp per cubic inch” to underscore the cars performance and achievement.
The 1957 Corvette with fuel injection (“Fuelie”) is considered by some to be one of the 10 best Corvettes of all times.